Instead of spending one night outside this year in support of vulnerable youth, we are raising funds for an entire month during our “One Month In” event at all JRG locations beginning October 15th, 2020.
One Night Out (formerly known as JRG Sleep Out) will look a lot different this year. The global pandemic has taken its toll on our lives in ways a lot of us could never have imagined and we can’t help but think of the vulnerable youth that we have supported over the past 4 years. The Coronavirus and subsequent effects do not discriminate. Just as many of us have experienced set-backs, unfortunately the vulnerable youth in our communities are not immune to their own additional challenges. Based on the recommendation from the Government of BC and our local health authorities to not promote large gatherings, we have decided it’s best to change course. One Night Out has been re-imagined to be a month long movement called One Month In. We will activate an online and in-store fundraising initiative to continue the conversation and support the same four charities that we commit to every year which are Covenant House Vancouver, Youth Unlimited, City Dream Centre and Variety – The Children’s Charity.
How to donate from October 15 to November 15, 2020:
- Go to any JRG location and add your donation to your bill at the end of your visit to receive a donation marker to post on our wall.
- Go to www.onenightout.ca to donate to the charity of your choice.
Our philanthropic mission remains rooted in the following statistics provided by the charitable groups we support and we hope our fundraising efforts will help prevent and reduce the number of youth who are suffering.
- On any given night there are between 500 and 1000 young people living on the streets in the Lower Mainland.
- Many youths are re-victimized on the streets, having fled one unsafe situation only to find another.
- Families in our province are raising children with special needs and limited support.
- Children in our communities are going to school hungry, without proper self-care resources.
Please make a donation to support of vulnerable youth in our communities. Go to www.onenightout.ca to donate to the charity of your choice or head over to any JRG location and add your donation to your bill at the end of your visit.